In the pre-scientific age of cycling (i.e. pre 1980s) Cycling food used to be
- Raw steaks for breakfast (Raw steaks were also allegedly used as a primitive treatment for saddle sores)
- Minestrone soup for lunch
- Pasta and red meat for dinner.
A more modern cycling diet may look something like:
- Fresh fruit
- Porridge with soya milk, sprinkled with blueberries
- Toast / eggs
- Quinoa / rice / salad
- Or maybe no lunch just eating energy bars on the bike
- Lentils / rice / quinoa e.t.c.
- Lean white meat / fish